Scholarships & Financial Aid

FTAA-MT strives to provide financial aid to qualified students based on the student’s need and merit. Financial aid are normally awarded on a yearly basis with the possibility of renewal. Qualified applicants with financial difficulties may pay a sliding scale tuition.

Students seeking a scholarship or financial aid in their first year must apply at the time of application for admission. FTAA-MT will notify you of your admission and scholarship and/or financial aid award at the same time.

If there are any special circumstances not addressed in your application that you would like us to consider, please send a letter to our mailing address or via email with all details. Please also feel free to contact us if you have any question.

Fei Tian Academy of the Arts-Middletown admits students of any race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin, religion or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin, religion or disability in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.

Download Application »

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What sort of financial aid does Fei Tian offer?

    Fei Tian is committed to quality education, artistic achievement, and moral integrity. Every qualified applicant who has a demonstrated need for financial aid or an outstanding academic or artistic track record will likely receive some form of aid. This financial aid typically covers part, but not all of, the total tuition. Financial aid is available for both domestic and international students.

  • What does “demonstrated need” mean?

    Demonstrated need means that your parents or guardian can demonstrate with information and documents that you are truly in need of financial aid. We determine this need based on total income, assets, family size, and other financial obligations. Based on these numbers the amount of the financial aid package will be adjusted. Other unusual family circumstances are also taken into consideration, including child support, nursing home or assisted living support for elderly family members, natural disasters, serious illness, and loss of employment.

  • How do I apply for financial aid?

    Fill out the Financial Aid Request Form available under Admissions on our website or contact the Admissions Office. Parents are required to submit copies of tax forms, including all schedules, and other relevant documents as part of the financial aid request process.

  • When will I find out if I qualify for financial aid?

    Assuming that you qualify for admission to Fei Tian, at the time that you are notified of your admission, you will simultaneously be notified of any financial aid for which you qualify.

  • What if the documentation required for requesting financial aid is not available?

    We are flexible and will accept an estimate of your financial information in most cases. In the case of a tax return that is not yet available, an older tax return may be submitted and the current tax return can be submitted later when available. All schedules for tax returns should be included.

  • When can I apply for financial aid?

    Applicants should submit Financial Aid Request Form with their application forms. Transfer students or current students may apply for financial aid at any time.

  • If my sibling is also applying, do we have to submit two Financial Aid Request Forms?

    If you and your sibling have the same parents or guardians, it is not necessary to submit financial aid forms twice. When calculating financial aid, Fei Tian will take into consideration the fact that two students from the same family will be attending. Generally, the amount of aid in such cases will be higher.

  • If my parents are divorced or separated, do you need financial information from both parents?

    Both of the separated or divorced parents should submit their financial information. If the non-custodial parent is unknown or non-compliant, then no information needs to be provided. However, the custodial parent must provide a sworn affidavit attesting to this fact.

  • Do I get the same financial aid every year?

    Each year, a family must reapply for financial aid. As long as the financial circumstances and the academic or artistic standing remain the same, then the same financial aid will be provided.